Cute updo hairstyles are a fabulous solution you can try on long, medium and even short hair. Whether you are more into sophisticated braided bun hairstyles, intricate knots or quick casual updos, you have multiple choices in each category. Easy updos for long hair and simple half updos is an ingenious way to style your locks pretty for every day. Fancy side bun hairstyles, braided and curly styles with the lifted part are stunning picks for special occasions – as prom updos or wedding hair updos.
Every hair type and length looks extremely feminine in updos. Natural hair is not an exception. Updo hairstyles for black women amaze with their creativity and variety of braided patterns which tame thick unruly locks in the most graceful way. If your hair is, on the contrary, fine and limp, trendy textured updos for thin hair create the illusion of thicker tresses and look very volume-flattering. Welcome: the world of hair updos is waiting for you!
For Long Hair
When you have long hair, it just doesn’t make sense to wear it down all of the time. Putting your hair up lets you keep hair off your neck and out of your eyes, and gives you a ton of options. Choose a simple pony for wearing to work or out running errands. Or try a loose, fancy bun for a pretty day look. Hair swept up can go fancy or casual too. We’ve found our favorite hairstyles that will have you covered for any occasion, formal or casual. Find the look you love, whether you’re hunting for inspiration for a wedding or a workday.
Fashion shows are always inspiring, yet when it comes to clothes, we need to wait at least till March to begin to bring some new fresh ideas into life. As for hairstyles, things are much easier here: get inspired and try on new images already now. What’s new was there in braided hairstyles? These are some trends for inspiration:
- Tight and edgy cornrow styles, cornrowed buns. Cornrows have been always considered as a rather casual hairstyle, but now when they are in Couture collections, it’s high time to rock them for a while in the new season.
- Wrap-around braids and twists for black hair with fresh flowers. These are loose, messy and inspired by Boho chic.
- Very loose whimsical braids for long hair. The braid that starts from mid-shaft is not noticeable in the front and looks sloppy in the back.
- Low braided buns. Braided bun updos are always an extra charge of elegance to ennoble even the simplest outfit.
- Twisted rope braids. These long 3 dimensional braids, ideal for long thick hair, look very interesting, unhackneyed and worth a try.
Braided Updo Hairstyles For Black Hair
- Braids can be a very easy and fashionable way to maintain your hair with very little effort.
- By keeping the updo in place, sometimes for many months, it’s a great way to give your locks a well-earned rest which can help keep it healthy.
- The plaited nature of a braid also protects most of the hair from harsh environmental factors which can aid the overall quality of your locks.
- There are endless types of hair braids to choose from: cornrows, micro braids, feed-ins, blocky braids, Senegalese twists, twist braids… plus a lot more – so you can be guaranteed a unique and mesmerizing style.
Updo Hairstyles For Short Hair
Updo for Short Hair With Cute Barrettes
Two loosely pulled French braids end in a cute bow barrette in the shape of a bow like Minnie Mouse. The style is interesting and cute and beautifully shows off the colors in her short hair. At the end of the braid, the hair is wrapped around and secured with the barrette.
Updo For Short Hair With A Headband
A sparkling headband over cleverly twisted hair makes an interesting statement from all angles. All it takes is gathering the short hair into the shape you want, adding a few pins and the headband on top. Here the color of her hair is beautiful against the headband as well.
Short Hair Updo With Knots
Flip knots are easy enough to master and make a quick short hair updo that is inexplicably stylish. Here, the hair is put in repeating knots down, keeping the hair out of her face and in an interesting, lasting updo. This updo for short hair is certain to gain plenty of compliments with minimal effort.
Natural Updo Hairstyles
Updos for natural hair can seem like a dream come true when the temperature is climbing and heat styling becomes the dreaded moment of every day. Most of us have been anxiously awaiting summer weather all year long, but humidity or aggressive sun can impair both your hairstyle and your hair health. What’s a girl to do? Put away the heat tools and save some time in the morning by trying one of these simple updos on your natural hair.
Sculptured French Braid With A Front Roll
This impressive hairstyle with a twist is suitable for formal events when you want to look your best. It requires a good dose of fixing products, so it’s not very sustainable for daily life. If your natural black hair is longer than a medium length and you don’t mind combing, this is a worthy option for your next special occasion.
Cute Contrasting Top Afro Updo
This pretty pinned up updo is an ideal classy look for black women who want to try something different for a change. The ‘do require an easy side twist and your regular afro puff that may be pushed toward the forehead like in the photo. A pop of color is optional.